The Certificate for Occupational Safety Managers (COSM) Program is geared toward the experienced safety professional. A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in the safety field is preferred to attend. The COSM Program is the perfect follow-up to the popular Certified Occupational Safety Specialist (COSS) Program.
Upon completion of the COSM program, safety leaders will walk away with extensive knowledge and strategies for achieving safety-related goals regarding the following COSM topics:
- Essentials of Safety Management
- Strategic Planning & Evaluating for Safety Success
- Managing Risk & Safety Finance
- Communicating the Safety Message
- Injury Management, Incentives and Discipline
Each COSM topic is allotted one full-day during the five-day program. Students should also expect the following and more:
- Each participant will receive educational materials and certification at the end of the program upon completing the daily class assignments
At the conclusion of the COSM Program, students are presented their COSM certificates, mounted in a plaque. NOTE: This program is only being offered virtually, at this time. Private virtual training for groups is available with a 30-day in advance notice.